Leading our junior golfers into the future!
Chairman – Mike Fitzpatrick
The H. Smith Richardson Men’s Club is pleased to announce that it will award two (2) four-year college scholarships paying $500.00 per year to college-bound high school seniors.
Any high school senior who is a junior member of the H. Smith Richardson Men’s Club or whose parent or guardian (“Sponsor”) is a member of the Men’s Club is eligible to receive the scholarship. If awarded, the recipient must be enrolled in college each year to receive the annual scholarship payment. Also, the recipient or recipient’s sponsor must maintain a membership in the Men’s Club during the four-year period.
Applications (attached) must be mailed by May 1, 2017
Completed applications are to be sent to:
Michael A Fitzpatrick, Esp.
Attn. Scholarship Commitee
10 Middle Street, 7th Floor
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Award recipients will be announced by the Men’s Club on or about June 1, 2017.
Criteria for Awarding the Scholarship
The Scholarship Committee will consider the following criteria in making its recommendation to the Men’s Club’s Board of Governors:
- Applicant’s academic record.
- Applicant’s school and community activities.
- Essay (250 words) describing a goal the applicant wishes to achieve in the next ten years and why the goal is important to the applicant.
- Applicant’s involvement in golf or plans to pursue a golf-related career.
- The Scholarship Committee may request an interview.